Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Helmet...


I HATE Dustin's helmet. His first full hour in it was torture, it may have been worse for me just watching him in it, then torture for Dustin. Dustin did a lot of whining and some crying but I kept him busy to keep his mind off the helmet. When Dustin was busy he didn't seem to notice the helmet to much.

What I dread the most is as Dustin gets used to the helmet he is supposed to wear it for 23 hours a day. The only time he is supposed to get relief from the helmet is an hour during bath time each day. I feel so guilty like this is all my fault. I have seen some other babies with these helmets, so I know this problem isn't uncommon. It has gotten more common since babies are supposed to be placed on their backs to sleep. Tummy time is very very important. But with that being said, I did do tummy time with Dustin and carried him around a lot. Dustin was breast fed for his first 3 months, and I always tried repositioning him so that his head wouldn't be flat. Nothing worked. Dustin was always so stubborn and even looking at all his pictures I've taken he is always looking one direction.

I just hope Dustin can adjust to his helmet, and it doesn't cause him much discomfort. I love my baby boy, and don't want him being miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment